About Washington Media Scholars Foundation
Washington Media Scholars Foundation’s (WMSF) mission is to support undergraduate students seeking degrees in media-related majors through scholarship, professional development and networking. All WMSF programs are based in Alexandria, VA. Two programs, the annual Media Planning Case Competition, and annual Media Fellows Scholarship program, provide financial support and career development opportunities to students across the nation.
Our programs are funded through the generous sponsorship provided by the top media companies in the country. Since our founding in 2009, WMSF has supported 700+ students with more than a million dollars in scholarships and services. Learn more about us at www.mediascholars.org.
Intern Job Summary
We seek an energetic and proactive intern to join the Washington Media Scholars Foundation as a paid intern. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our mission, programs and systems. The intern will serve alongside staff and volunteers as a key team member and interface with senior staff, high-level supporters and stakeholders.
Interns are paid hourly and work a flexible schedule of approximately 10 hours per week, up to 15 hours per week. The length of the internship commitment is for a semester but may be extended or renewed.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Author feature stories for our website; draft email communications for our supporters, professors, and students
- Assist in preparing information and research materials; create and maintain presentations
- Research and gather documentation on key stakeholder groups
- Draft documents and reports; sort and manage digital files
- Consult upon and manage Salesforce database and input information, data, and records
- Help plan and attend organizational functions and events
- Answer external inquiries, and provide basic company information
Intern Requirements and Qualifications
- Students enrolled in an accredited university/college pursuing a media-related degree (includes but not limited to: Advertising, PR, Journalism, Strategic Media, IMC, Communications, Political Science, Business/Government) are encouraged to apply.
- Graduate students are eligible for consideration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); graphic design skills a plus (Canva)
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can-do attitude & able to work independently following training.
This position may be remote or in person. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.