Washington Media Scholars Foundation (WMSF) was established in 2009 with a simple mission—to make sure that students seeking careers in media could get the support they need to graduate from college and enter the fields of media and policy. For nearly 13 years, WMSF has supported students because of the generous donations from the country’s top media companies.
2020 & 2021 challenged student, family and business finances as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. According to a recent study, more than a half million students dropped out of college during the pandemic. Research has shown us further that students who drop out are far less likely to return to school and graduate.
WMSF’s supporters have made sure that we could continue to help students stay in school by fueling scholarships and offering valuable connections that led to internships and jobs. If your company has already given in 2021, thank you. If your company has not yet given this year but would like to make a contribution, we welcome your generosity!
As we approach the season of giving and year’s end, here are a few ways companies and individuals can support Washington Media Scholars Foundation:
- Annual sponsorships: Give via Paypal, check or ACH.
- Giving Tuesday: On November 30, make an individual or corporate contribution.
- Amazon Smile: Make Washington Media Scholars Foundation your charity of choice.
- A smart investment: 2021 contributions are 100% tax deductible.
- Direct impact: This year we will award a total 73 scholarships to students from colleges and universities, large and small, public and private, from across the country.
- A history of steadfast support: More than 600 students have received more than a million dollars in scholarships and support for more than a decade.
- Industry leadership: Join a large corporate community of philanthropic media leaders.
- Find new talent: Gain access to vetted new talent through our Virtual Career Fair & coming soon: Job/Internship web page.
- Stay connected: Attend our annual awards ceremony and networking event that attracts the industry’s top media planners, buyers and sellers. The 2022 event is planned for June 9, 2022 in Washington, DC.
Thank you for making or considering a 2021 contribution to Washington Media Scholars Foundation. For more information on how to give and the impact of your support, please contact email@example.com.